Your child is able to start school at the beginning of the school year if he / she turns five on or before the 31st July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.
Non Local Enrolment
Should you be wanting to enrol your child at Boolaroo and you live 'out of zone' it is appropriate to contact your local school in the first instance. You are also welcome to contact our principal and have a chat regarding your individual circumstances. If you are building in any of the new local 'estates' you will be in zone so the enrolment process should be automatic.
When enrolling in a NSW Government school for the first time the following documents will need to be sighted:
- your child's birth certificate or identity documents
- proof of student's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease or electricity bill
- Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
- family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).
- Medical information relevant for your child - asthma/anaphylaxis plans.
If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:
• passport or travel documents
• current visa and previous visas (if applicable)